So needless to say i was over the moon to be nominated for this. Firstly id like the thank all my friends and family for supporting me – (que Gwyneth Paltrow sobbing!)
Ah no really, this is so awesome! I am truly grateful and delighted to receive such a lovely compliment. Its such a motivating little spark of delight! I happened to be scrolling through Instagram the other day when i stopped to read the lovely Roxsanne’s Award post. Needless to say i was delighted and amazed to see my blog mentioned as a nominee. I couldn’t believe it so had to do a double-take. Sure enough her blog post mentioned mine with a link. I was naturally overwhelmed. Now I’m just a bit smug ha.
Roxsannes stunning photographs on her Instagram and blog are very inspiring. She has a really fun and cool site called beautybagsecrets.com . Her nomination made me realise even more how much i love blogging, so thanks a million Roxsanne!
Part of the deal when you receive this award is that you must post it to your blog. Then you must answer the list of 11 questions that the nominator has posed for you. Then, in turn, you must compile a list and nominate 11 others who have less than 200 followers. Its a lovely way to help other new bloggers get discovered in the blogging world and give them a boost. I certainly have a spring in my step!
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
Don’t forget to add the links for the blogger who nominated you and the bloggers you are nominating at the end of the post!
11 interesting facts about me:
1. I speak Irish, my native tongue, as i went to an all-Irish school and did all my subjects including maths and science as Gaeilge (in Irish)
2. I have been living in France nearly 3 years now yet i still can’t speak French. My fella is French but we talk English at home so I’m slacking big time!
3. I went travelling solo in Australia and in some parts of New Zealand. Just when you gotta go, you gotta go! I was never once lonely and met the most amazing people on my journey. Best thing i ever did in my life!
4. I lived in New Zealand for almost 6 years and spent a lot of that time in a tiny remote village called Lake Tekapo. Stunning scenery and an awesome party lifestyle but very very remote!
5. Im an introvert. I never fully understood what that meant until i read a tonne of blog posts about it. I need time to wind down without the company of others and i don’t enjoy things that involve me being the star of the show. I do have extrovert tendencies though. They come out when I’m drunk. Karaoke is one cringeworthy thing that springs to mind!
6. I was the college class year head, one year. Mainly cos no one else wanted to go to the meetings. Never thought I’d see the day. Bizarre!
7. I used to love Gaelic football and was once made captain of the team. I was 12 so i was bursting with pride!
8. I had a semi-epidural when i gave birth. I didn’t even know that existed. They couldn’t give me the whole thing cos my heart was going 90. I kept wondering when the doctor was coming back. He never returned. But sure it was grand, it did the job.
9. Im a red wine drinker. Some people who knew me even up to 3 years ago would be completely shocked. I was always beer girl. France has converted me. Sure it’d be rude not to. Literally! Its rude to bring beer to a party instead of wine, they think youre an alco.
10. I am having a really hard time giving up cursing and swearing. Its so hard?! F**** Sake lol. Shhhh the kids!
11. My middle name is Shiela. That’d be some crack in Australia. No one knows, haha!
Here are the questions she asked and my answers below:
Which beauty product can you not live without? Well I would have to say that would be coconut oil from NYRO as its organic, since its really the best all-rounder. I can’t believe it’s only recently become popular?! Where has it been all my life? Desert island must-have for sure.
What is your favourite beauty brand? My absolute fave brand is Neals Yard Remedies Organic as they are 100% ethical, the products really work, smell divine and they are natural organic. They come in dainty blue glass bottles – so pretty!
How often do you post a new blog post? I post a new one at least once a week. Normally on a Wednesday since my toddler is at creche. It means i can spend a decent amount of time on it without any tantrums or melt-downs. Unless its me having one!
One piece of blogging advice you think everyone should know. Erm, i would say try not to take it too seriously. That way it’s more fun and carefree. I have been known to get consumed by my computer and zone out. Not good for the zen, people. Don’t stress and take a break if its taking over! She says as she frantically types more blog while toddler is clambering onto lap!
Three post suggestions for anyone who gets writers block. (1) Go out drinking with your friends and when you return you will have loads to talk about. Drunken ramblings make for funny blog posts lol. (2) Interview a random stranger who has an interesting lifestyle and see what happens (3) Do a review on something you love. The words will just come to you if you really are passionate about it. Try writing notes firsthand and then approach your computer like a boss!
If there was one place you could travel to, where would you go and why? I was going to say Cuba but actually if i could travel anywhere at all then id have to say Heaven, to visit my Dad and give him a big bear hug. He gave the worlds best hugs. I miss him. I would have to come back though cos I’d miss everyone else. My Hero.
What is the last thing you bought? I bought the domain name Blog News Weekly as i had a brainwave to start a collaborative news site for bloggers. Watch this space…
What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? That would probably be intestines. Im not sure from what animal, sheep or cow. I was tricked into thinking it was some other meat but i just knew there was something different. Found out after. French people eat just about everything, so beware of dinner parties serving odd looking creations!
What is at the top of the bucket list? I would say the Inca trail. Its along way away though as i can barely manage hauling the tantrum toddler up the road, never mind a mountain! Some day i will achieve it but maybe when the mini boss is less sulky!
Heals or flats? Definitely flats or i would be crippled. Probably slippers since I’m always in this house! Slippers that turn into shoes, what r they called? Mahabi’s. Want!!!
Why did u start blogging? I had a lot of time alone with my baby at home and i needed to communicate with the outside world! I have another now so i no longer have lots of time but my situation is still much the same. Plus i love gushing about cool things I love! Do subscribe if you want to hear more ramblings about cool stuff.
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
- What is your typical Friday night?
- What was your fave toy growing up?
- If you could be fly on a wall anywhere, where and why?
- What is your fave food and where would you ideally eat it?
- Who would you choose to play you in a movie about your life?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who and why?
- What would be your perfect date?
- Whats your fave holiday destination and why?
- Fave book and what’s it about?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
My Nominees aaare…
Well done to all of them!
Catch up soon,